Airports Sec / Roads & Airports Dept - Project Gallery
Client: L&T-ECCD, EDRC, Chennai for Bangalore International Airport Ltd.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India,
Project : 2005
A JV Company, Bangalore International Airport Ltd., formed by Siemens Project Ventures, L&T, Unique Zurich Airport, KSIIDC and AAI was awarded a PPP project to develop a State-of-the Art Greenfield international airport at Devanahalli, Bangalore by the Government of Karnataka. The initial capacity of the airport is 11.5 million PAX and in the ultimate stage it should be capable of handling 50 million PAX.
The major civil engineering ‘design and build’ contract was awarded to L&T ECC who in turn engaged LNTIEL for the detailed design and production of construction drawings of all civil works except the terminal and other buildings. This airport successfully commenced commercial operations in May 2008
- Runway (4000m x 45m) to cater for Code 4E aircraft
- Parallel full length taxiway (4000m x 25m) designed for Code F aircraft with three rapid exit taxiways and other connecting taxiways
- Apron with 42 aircraft stands (351,300 sq. m) and Isolation Bay (14,710 sq. m).
- 4 km long main access road with two rotary intersections and a grade separator.
- Other secondary access roads and major and minor service roads for connecting the apron and service areas totaling about 30 km.
- Landside parking facility for 2000 cars.
- Detailed marking plans for runway, taxiway & apron. Detailed road markings and signage.
Surface drainage facilities for the entire airport – development including detailed designs of cross drainage structures on airside and landside.