Environment Sec / Ports & Environment Dept - Project Gallery
EIA Study For 3600 MW Thermal Power Plant, Captive Port and Desalination Plant at Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu
Client: Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Limited (IL&FS)
Project Year: 2008-10
Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Limited (IL&FS), one of the largest infrastructure financing and project development companies in India is planning to set up an imported coal based Thermal Power Plant of 3600 MW capacity with Super Critical Technology at Cuddalore, Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu, captive port to handle the coal requirements for the proposed power plant, and also a captive desalination plant of 30 MLD capacity to meet the potable water requirements.
IL&FS has engaged L&T Infra Engineering to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) study for the proposed project.
Project accorded Environmental/CRZ Clearances from MoEF
Consulting Services provided for the project include:
- Primary Surveys of Terrestrial and Marine Environments
- Establishing the Baseline Environmental Conditions
- Identification and Prediction of impacts
- Preparation of Environmental Management Plan
- Preliminary Risk Analysis and Disaster Management Plan