EIA Study for Phase-II Expansion of Dhamra Port, Orissa, India
Dhamra Port Company Limited (DPCL) is a joint venture of L&T and Tata Steel. DPCL has been awarded a concession by Government of Orissa to Build and Operate a seaport towards north of Dhamra River on Build, Own, Operate, Share and Transfer basis. DPCL proposes to develop 11 additional berths to expand the Dhamra Port from 2 berths (which are under construction) to 13 berths along with back up facilities.
DPCL appointed L&T Infra Engineering to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies for the expansion of Dhamra Port.
Environmental/CRZ Clearance was obtained.
Consulting Services provided for the project include:
- Preparation of Form – 1 & ToR
- Primary Surveys for Terrestrial and Marine Environments
- Establishing the Baseline Environmental Status
- Identification, Prediction and Evaluation of impacts
- Air Quality Modeling studies
- Traffic Studies and Analysis
- Preparation of Environmental Management Plan
- Risk Analysis and Disaster Management Plan
- Technical Assistance for seeking Environmental/CRZ clearance from MoEF/OPCB/OCZMA