Environmental Impact Assessment Study for 800MW Combined Cycle Power Plant at VPGL at Vemagiri, Andhra Pradesh
GMR Energy Limited (GEL) has established a Natural Gas based Vemagiri Power Generation Limited (VPGL) in Vemagiri village, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh with a capacity of 388.5MW on combined cycle technology. In order to keep pace with the time and to grow with the available business opportunities in the power industry, it is proposed to establish a power plant with capacity of 800MW (Two blocks of 400MW combined cycle power plant (CCPP) each) within the premises of VPGL.
GMR has appointed L&T Infra Engineering to carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Study for the proposed 800MW power plant.
Project was accorded Environmental Clearance by MoEF.
Consulting Services provided for the project include:
- Primary surveys of Terrestrial Environment.
- Establishing the Baseline Environmental Status
- Identification and Prediction of impacts
- Preparation of Environmental Management Plan
- Risk Analysis and Disaster Management Plan
- Technical Assistance for seeking clearance from Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF).