The project involves a two level composite concrete and steel truss bridge crossing River Brahmaputra in Assam. Total length of the bridge is about 4.2 km.
The project includes:
Superstructure: The proposed new Rail cum Road Bridge carries a double track railway on the lower level and tree lane road with footways on the upper level, the concrete deck. The detailed design comprises of two typical spans:
- A standard span of 121.6 m lenth (centreline-centreline bearings) and an end span of 30.0 m length.
- Distance between centreline-centreline span truss plane is 11.0 m.
- Total height of the bridge is 12.5 m
Substructure: The substructure at every pier location comprises twin circular hollow columns (each of 3.0meter in diameter with 1.0 meter wall thickness) connected together at the top by a pier cap 7.0 m wide x 17.6 m long x 1.2m thick.
Consulting Services provided for the project include:
- Preparing of Design Basis Note
- Detailed Design for the Superstructure
- Procedures for fabrication and erection works
- Specifications for Tender documents and Operational and Maintenance Manual